Monday, September 14, 2009

Bid Day Hangover

Yesterday was Bid Day at the U of M, and boy am I pooped.

I felt pretty good throughout the week, despite working ridiculous hours; on the Eve of Bid Day after Preference Night, I was at work until 3 a.m. Madness, I tell you! But I made it through with a reasonable amount of energy and a smile on my face.

Today, however, is a different story. Do not cross me. Do not drive your car towards me real fast when it is raining and then slow down just in time to let me cross the street but still spray me with mucky rainwater. I will use profanity toward you. (Um what? No, of course this hasn't already happened today! I'm just using a hypothetical example!)

I am a grumpy, sleepy, moody bear who is in desperate need of a couch, a blanket, a chick flick, and a nice long hibernation. Steer clear, people.

(Unless, of course, you are bringing me comfort food, blankets, chick flicks, mindless magazines, or good excuses to leave work early. You folks are welcome any time.)

4 comments:

danielle said...

i am impressed you did so good for so long. i think i would have died shortly after all of this pledge stuff started! i know the students love you!!!

LyndsAU said...

girl, i couldn't have done what you did!! i am here to tell you those 3 am days are over for this one :) ha!

happy early bday girl!!!

ty said...

way to go, les. just think - at least it's over now!!

do you ever see jessie flanders? i know she's in law school at memphis ...

Meredith said...

You are my hero!!!! WOW, can't believe you did all of that! I'm not working tomorrow OR Wednesday so perhaps we can catch up via google chat???