Monday, September 28, 2009

Minutia

Life is a bit nutty right now, which always translates to a blog full of bullets.

  • Our computer was attached by a vicious virus that wiped it out for a good two weeks. It is still not the same. Combined with my overloaded work schedule, the lack of computer access and time has led to a lack of blog postings. I will make up for it soon...promise! This is also why you never saw any more vacation photos. We are hoping they were spared the wrath of the virus.

  • Jonathan and I spent the weekend in Fort Smith and Midwest City where we celebrated my belated birthday and my father-in-law's 35th year of ministry at the same church. It was a really sweet time with both of our families, and it reminded me how lucky we are to have such amazing parents. 35 years in ministry at one church is pretty extraordinary, and for those of you Oklahoma Baptists out there you will appreciate that my father-in-law now has the longest tenure of any music minister in Oklahoma and that Bill Green even showed up on Sunday morning to do a special tribute to him! We are all so proud of Tom and the amazing investment he has made in that community.

  • I think Fall is finally coming to Memphis. After two weeks of muggy, rainy, mess, we awoke to a crisp, sunny morning. The hubby is pulling out my fall decorations tonight and the "Fall-ification" process will commence as soon as possible. To Do: hit the mall for a Tyler Candle Company "Homecoming" candle. A fall home is not complete without it!

  • Greek recruitment is finally over! No more 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. days! No more cheering! No more free food from fraternity houses! Ok, I'm actually sad about that one. Those boys can grill! I will still be working a lot of nights and weekends, because let's face it...I work with college students. But I sure am glad this month is over! I'm pretty sure the hubs and I re-introduced ourselves to each other last Thursday night. It has been a long month.

  • Did you know that if you let a sweet potato hang out in your pantry while you go on a two week vacation that it will sprout little green things? And that if you plant that potato in a container on your front porch those little green things will turn into a beautiful trailing vine? It is true.

  • I miss Braums.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Mmm, Tyler candles! So very yummy. I'm a sucker for a good fall candle. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of your vacation stories--and the pictures, too!

Jennifer said...

I miss Braums too!

Some days I swear I smell their waffle cones and crinkle fries. Brings a tear to my eye.

Erin said...

We always plant some sweet potato at the start of summer and let the vines wind up the white lattices in front of our house. Then, in the fall, there are a TON of potatoes attached under the soil. Who knew I was a farmer!?!

Just so you know, I had Braum's last night. ;) He he....!!!

What are Tyler candles? Better than Yankee?

Erin said...

We always plant some sweet potato at the start of summer and let the vines wind up the white lattices in front of our house. Then, in the fall, there are a TON of potatoes attached under the soil. Who knew I was a farmer!?!

Just so you know, I had Braum's last night. ;) He he....!!!

What are Tyler candles? Better than Yankee?

Whitney said...

Oh Braums. How I love thee.

We got the hat at Gap!!! Last I saw they were on sale. Or if you can't find one, I'll send you Levi's when he grows out of it. :) I'm serious!