Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Slow News Day

I learned the following on the Today Show this morning...
  • You too can own a teacup pig as a pet for the low price of $1000. They recommend buying two so that they don't get lonely. Well, of course!
  • A woman was viciously attacked by 5 racoons. Racoon mamas will fight to the death for their babies. Don't mess with 'em. And don't feed 'em, either.
  • A teenager escaped from detention and has been on a burglary spree ever since, most recently stealing a plane. Catch me if you can!
  • Your kitchen is the most germ-infested room in your house. And every food you could even think of eating is most likely contaminated and very, very risky. We should probably all just drink Ensure and Slim Fast for all of our nutritional needs, just to play it safe. (Ok, so that last part I made up...but seriously people! If God has ordained for me to die at the hand of a delicious raw milk cheese or unpeeled potato, so be it!)
  • Washing your hands really does make a difference. (Whaaa!?! You are blowing my mind, Ann Curry!)

Slow news day, NBC?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, that is a slow day. Although I wonder if the detention kid was one of mine...? ;)

Meredith said...

Hehehe! I remember thinking the Fort Smith news was like that after I lived in Tulsa and definitely Dallas. We report the death tolls, they report the quilting meetings.

Sign me up for the teacup pig! And yes, I'll take two please!

The Linders said...

At least there weren't any catastrophic disasters to report - boring news days are a little blessing for the giggle they give AND for the fact that thre's nothing terrible to talk about :)