Monday, October 26, 2009

This Weekend

  • A date with my man, which involved satisfying my week-long craving for Olive Garden salad and breadsticks
  • A chilly morning at the Farmer's Market where I got to chat the hours away with a new friend
  • A bit of work, but the good kind of work where you remember how awesome your students are and that you have a really cool job
  • Sharing a nice long chat with both my mother and mother-in-law, both of whom live way too far away
  • A long walk through Shelby Farms with my partner in pregnancy, Natelie, and some other SCO friends. Did I mention that one of Jonathan's best optometry school buddies and his wife are expecting and due just a couple of weeks after us? Such a blessing to have a friend to share this journey with!
  • A leisurely trip through Super Target (Why is it that before I was pregnant I would walk through their maternity section and think, "This stuff is SO cute!!!" and now that I'm pregnant I can't find one cute thing in their maternity section???)
  • The discovery of the yumminess that is Archer Farms frozen pizza.
  • Going to bed at 9:00 on a Saturday night because I can.
  • Sporting a new dress to church on Sunday that showcases my little bump quite nicely, I must say.
  • Cheddar Corn Chowder. Thank you, Ina Garten.
  • A nice long visit with our landlords, who happen to be awesome people who are ALSO expecting. What is in the water, people!?!
  • Baking a chocolate cake for a friend and realizing that I have never made this cake before and should probably bake a trial run cake before baking THE cake, just in case.
  • Eating that chocolate cake for dinner.
  • Enjoying a lazy night on the couch and ignoring all forms of productivity with the knowledge that another week will soon begin and productivity will take care of itself.

It was a lovely weekend.

7 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I love Olive Garden!! :)

Michelle said...

pictures, please, of the cute baby bump! :)

michelle

danielle said...

i agree with michelle.. where is a picture of the sunday dress, showing off your cute pg belly! :)

when i was pg with jackson, i made that EXACT comment about the maternity section at target... frustrating! ha!

ty said...

pictures! i want to see this little bump on your tiny little body!

Melissa said...

yes - there is something in the water. i was just telling jason this the other day. i know close to ten people who are pregnant right now. we better warn julie before we meet up for dinner over christmas...maybe that's why meredith "can't" come...hmm.

Erin said...

Pics please! ;) Glad you had a nice weekend.

Angela W said...

Its like when I'm shopping on my own dime, I can find about a million different things I'd like to have.

And then when I go shopping with my mom, who has so generously offered to pay, I can't find a single thing.

So excited for you! :) I definitely think there is something in the water. It always seems to happen that way.