Please join me in this responsive reading in celebration of this joyous time of year:
Blogger: Behold! The end of the semester has come!
Bloggee: Rejoice! For dead days are here!
Blogger: Dry your eyes, oh ye students!
Bloggee: Cease your wailing, oh ye faculty and staff!
Blogger: For the nights of hard labor are over!
Bloggee: The weekends of obligation are through!
Blogger: For a time has come when all deadlines have passed, all syllabi have reached their end.
Bloggee: A time has come for freedom, for rest, for joy!
Blogger: Tis true, beloved! The end of the semester has come! Rejoice, oh ye people of the Academy!
Bloggee: Shout for joy! Raise your Pandora volume on high in celebration!
Blogger: For dead days are here!
Bloggee: They are here, indeed!
All: Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I laughed out loud when I saw this! Also, I hope you and your mango are doing well.
You are so funny in such a a witty way! Love it! Glad there is rest for the weary mommy-to-be!
i'm glad you did this blog, despite what some people may think. quite amusing. and i did say the "bloggee" part out loud, mostly cause i echo the sentiments! had a great time at the movie last night. hope you had a good day. anytime things seemed no so great, i pictured taylor lautner with no shirt on, and everything seemed a little better! :)
Oh my word, this is AWESOME! You are one clever girl!! Love it!! And yay for dead days! Um, meaning, the days of no school ... not actual dead things.
Ha ha, love it! Although does Jonathan get dead week?? Russell totally has four tests the week before finals. What the heck?! Maybe I should send his school this reading to remind them of the glory of dead week. ;)
Loved this one! I almost felt as if I were in good ol' Raley on a Wednesday morning :)
Post a Comment