
But back to this award thingie. All I have to do is tell you ten things that make me do "the happy dance," which in my book is synonymous with the giddy squeal. They are interchangeable based on the appropriateness of the social situation. I'm sure you understand. But with no further ado...
1) Baby Boy Clothes. I'll never forget my first visit to the Target baby section soon after finding out that I was expecting. When I got my hands on a particular little striped sweater sleeper I just couldn't contain myself...out came the giddy squeal! I promptly whirled around to make sure that no one witnessed my outburst, and when I was reassured that I was alone I proceeded to squeal my way through the entire department. No shame in my game. (Oh, and I definitely squealed last night when I snagged a Carter's fleece bunting for next winter at Macy's for only $5...eeeeeee!!!!!)
2) Weber's greeting as soon as I walk in the door. If you need an increase in your self-esteem, get a dog. There's nothing like that tail wagging a mile a minute, that goofy puppy grin, and that happy little prance down the hall just because YOU'RE HOME!
3) Knowing that my husband is finished with finals! And beyond that, reflecting on the past three years of watching him get to this point. I am so stinkin' proud of his discipline and hard work and it is amazing to see it pay off with good grades and--more importantly--fulfillment. I am even more proud of the fact that he manages to do all of that while still enjoying life outside of optometry school. There will be a full-out happy dance party going on at our house today when he gets home from school!
4) Relaxing at the end of the day by the light of the Christmas tree.
5) Penzey's Hot Cocoa. If you are lucky enough to live near a Penzey's spices, you must get your hands on their hot cocoa mix! For me, it even beats out Williams Sonoma hot chocolate. When combined with #4 the happy dance is inevitable.
6) The end of the semester! I know I'll be ready for my students to return in January, but it sure is nice to enjoy a quiet office and uninterrupted time for all those "One of these days, we're going to..." tasks that never get finished during the semester.
7) Quality time with good friends. I'm about to see many of mine in a couple of weeks and can hardly stand the wait!
8) An adventure on the horizon. If you've been reading this blog for any time at all, you know that I am a travel junkie. Nice house? Meh. New car? Meh. Fancy things? Meh. Dining out? Meh. Just give me a plane ticket! If I don't get a good trip in at least every other year I get a major case of wanderlust. Luckily we've got a ski trip with three of our closest couples planned for January. Don't worry, yours truly will not be shredding the slopes, but warming the couch in the lodge with a stack of good books! The big adventure on the horizon? Thailand 2011!
9) Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You. When it came on the radio this morning, I happy danced all the way down Highland. If any of my fellow morning commuters had glanced over into my car, they might have been concerned for my sanity.
10) "When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me of the guilt within, upward I look and see Him there, who made an end to all my sin. Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free! For God the Just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me!" That freedom, and the birth of the Savior who gifted it to me, make me do the happy dance every day, and will for the rest of my days!
What makes you do the happy dance?
8 comments:
Traveling makes me do the happy dance too. My and my hubby went to Thailand last March. I have pics on Facebook and would also be happy to answer any questions :)
Mariah's song makes me dance about as well. Good post! Also, I noticed you mentioned a possible return to OK on Katie's site...is this true!?!
Love these!! And I need to try that hot cocoa .. yummy!
On number 10, every time I sing these words, tears fill my eyes. They also do when I read them. Oh, my favorite song.
Something that makes ME do they happy dance is knowing that you will experience the greatness of a little boy. Oh, how THRILLED I am about this! :)
I'm so in love with Penzy's hot cocoa!
And I don't have to be expecting for baby clothes to make me squeal! :) nothing beats the target section of baby clothes.
So guess what memory immediately popped into my head when I read #9!!! Haha. Good times and great memories. Glad to hear all those fun things that make you so happy. Especially the baby clothes shopping, that's gotta be SUPER fun!
Ha i feel totally lame. I just nominated you for this award and linked it and then I went to your blog and you already had it. Me = moron. So obviously you already answered the questions. Just know that you have a very happy blog. ha.
~Kathryn
I haven't visited your blog since my computer crashed and lost all my favorite sites! Congrats on your little one!
Post a Comment