I am pleased to announced that our delegation to the AFLV conference is safe and sound back in Memphis with not one scandal to report. Or at least nothing significant enough to merit being brought to the advisor's attention. You know what they say...what happens in St. Louis stays in St. Louis.
Or something like that.
It was a great trip overall, but I must say that one should think twice before attempting to single-handedly accompany 13 college students to a conference at 29 weeks pregnant. Between the schedule coordinating, constant head-counting, the 10-minute walk from hotel to conference center in 25 degree weather, 1 a.m. bedtimes, days packed with lectures and workshops, and nights worrying about my students enjoying the Mardi Gras festivities (hello, motherhood practice!), I am pretty pooped. The fact that I actually joined my students on the dance-floor at the closing dance might not have helped. You haven't seen college kids laugh til they're watching their pregnant advisor bust a move to "I've Got a Feeling."
That's right. No shame in my game.
But have no fear. After our mid-day return, I capped off the weekend with a 3 hour nap, a picnic on the couch with my man (good bread, cheese, and fruit trump an overpriced and overcrowded dinner out on VDay for me any day!), Ciao Bella pistachio gelato, and Olympic pairs figure skating. I'm fairly confident that I am well on my way to making a full recovery. And the gift card for an hour-long prenatal massage will cap off that process quite nicely (Thanks, Valentine!).
Happy Valentine's Day!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I CANNOT imagine being the responsible party for something like this. I get stressed enough just by taking my 7-year-olds to the zoo. I don't do adults. They're on their own.
Glad to hear you survived. Your a super woman...super mom! Bet you're looking super cute too with your belly.
(cough,pictures...cough, cough)
=)
Glad you made it! And I can NOT believe you are almost at the 30 week mark!!!!
I'm picturing you with your baby belly dancing up a storm and I can't stop laughing! I bet you were hilarious! :)
Post a Comment