CONFESSION:
I watched Ugly Betty.
And liked it.
That's right, folks. For the past four years I have been an avid Tivo-er of this silly little drama that I will openly admit is a bit ridiculous. And now I have to admit that I watched the final episode last week with a few tears in my eyes.
That Betty...she's come a long way.
My dear husband, however, is doing a jig of joy at the fact that he never again has to allow such fluff into his home. Now if only he could get me to stop watching The Bachelor/ette.
Lucky for me, there are plenty of other delightful options in my Tivo list these days...for example:
I have always adored Jamie Oliver. And I can say that because even my husband has a bit of a crush on him. Who doesn't love a cute dude with a British accent who can cook, for Pete's sake?!
If you know me well, you know that I am extremely passionate about healthy, local food. Now that I live in one of the fattest cities in America, I feel even more strongly about this topic. As you can imagine, Jamie's latest show gets me fired up. This guy is committed to a grassroots revolution of the way we eat in America, particularly in our public schools and homes. His experiences on this journey make me yell at the television, laugh, and cry all in one hour!
(On a related but unrelated note, the Memphis Farmers Market opened last weekend! I won't be volunteering for this first month or so of the market, but as soon as I feel up to it I'll be back in my obnoxious lime green shirt. Until then, I fully intend to play the part of dedicated shopper and got started with some yummy asparagus, shitake mushrooms, arugula, strawberries, and herb plants last weekend. It really is ridiculous how happy that place makes me, and it was super fun to see all of my volunteer and farmer friends after a long winter!)
Of course, who can forget that GLEE! is back!
Not much to say about this except that it is the best show on television right now. I can't get enough of it. And I really hope that Finn and Rachel get back together. And I might have a slight crush on Mr. Schuster, but only because he totally reminds me of my husband: ridiculously good looking and talented. (AND, Glee is one of the only shows that Jonathan will actually watch with me, so that is saying something!)
Last, but not least, the other best show on television comes back on May 27th, and I am fully counting on it to help me maintain my sanity during my first weeks of new parenthood. Up in the middle of the night? No problem! Just turn on....
So You Think You Can Dance...
Dance...
Dance....

What shows are you loving these days?
6 comments:
Glee all the way!
Totally love the food revolution, and am totally passionate about healthy, local foods as well> i'm somewhat of an oragnic nut. Have you seen Food, Inc?
I also am really into Glee. We don't have Tivo so I couldn't watch it last year because it was church night and I have to work. But, this year, I can totally watch it on Tuesday. yay!
~Kathryn
loving Glee. loving Food Revolution as well. there aren't too many shows that I just HAVE to watch, but Glee is on that list, as well as Parenthood (though we've already discussed that.) ;) and The Office. There's a show on the History channel that my husband's got me hooked on called American Pickers. These 2 guys drive around the country, look through people's "junk", buy it from them then sell it for profit in antique stores. It's just quirky and interesting. I also love Project Runway and Top Chef Masters.
So...maybe we do watch too many shows. :)
I was going to post something and then totally lost my train of thought when I saw you only have THIRTEEN DAYS left until your due date!! OH MY WORD!!!
:) :) :)
Love Glee. LOVE SYTYCD!!! Thanks for reminding me it is coming back...just in time for you to hang out on the couch, nurse your little one and watch all the dances!!! I'm sure that's high on your priority list right now...ha! ;)
We have a very similar DVR list :) I was equally sad about Ugly Betty, and we have you to thank for SYTYCD - such fun memories of our summer together!
Post a Comment