I was lazy today. After Jonathan left for class I curled up on the couch with the puppa and dozed in and out until 9:30 or 10. It's tough to resist when you know that you still have the whole day ahead and plenty of time to do the few necessary tasks I have laid out each day. But still, I don't want to make a habit of it.
I bought a couch today. Really the only productive accomplishment of 9/14/08. It will take about 4-6 weeks to get here, but when it does, you'll be seing it. It is chocolate brown, relatively modern-looking, with pretty tufted back cushions. Before you start thinking that I live a charmed life that allows me to just run out and buy new furniture on a whim, I would like to remind everyone who has ever visited the Poe home about the free, handed-down, nasty-stained-striped-but-covered-up-in-sad-kahki-slipcovers couch and loveseat that we have had for FOUR, count 'em, 1-2-3-4, YEARS! If I had to tuck in that &*(^%$# slipcover one more time I was gonna lose it for good. So yeah...it's been a long time comin'.
Other thoughts today: I love this almost-fall weather...I need to mop my floors...I need to buy a vacuum....I think this orange backdrop is too hard to read...I need to teach my dog not to put her paws on the kitchen counters in attempts to find food...I have a hot husband who walks around my backyard in torn up jeans and plain white t-shirts carrying shovels and stuff...I love coffee in the morning on my back porch...the end.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Would it totally put a damper on your productive feeling if I point out to you that it's actually the 15th not the 14th?
Believe me, I know what it's like to never know what day it is. I usually don't know until I open facebook for the first time in the morning...sad.
Can't wait to see pics of the new couch and of the house as you get it all set up and cute-i-fied.
you are so funny! i want to see the couch!! I agree that it is kinda hard to read the text... I keep highlighting it while I read it.
I like your new blog!
I think the background is cutie. I'm glad you figured it out! This blogger world can be somewhat confusing at times.
OK, I know I'm commenting on really old posts, but Isabella is napping and I decided to start from the beginning :) Let me know when you're ready for a vacuum if you don't already have one - I LOVE ours and it's great for picking up dog hair!
Post a Comment