I am torn. My blog of choice--my only blog--for the past four years has been Xanga. It has seen me through my first year of marriage (and the three to follow), our two month adventure through Europe, a move to Waco and the struggles of graduate school, personal and family hardship, another move to Shawnee, and yet another unexpected move to our current home-sweet-home: Memphis.
Good ole' Xanga has seen it all, and has allowed others to see it all along the way. Not only have family and friends been able to keep up with our lives, but I have made some unexpected "cyber" friends along the way whose comments and virtual encouragement mean just as much to me as those friends who I can share a cup of coffee with in person. The internet has its shadiness, definitely, but I for one am thankful for the way it connects us to people who we would never have the opportunity to learn from.
Unfortunately, however, Xanga does not always have all the bells and whistles that I would love to have. For example, as an avid reader I would love to share my book list with you. Those same lists are a great way to keep tabs on all of the fun local joints we are discovering as newly inducted Memphians.
So it might be a bit of a transition for awhile. I might just keep up both sites for a bit; you know, to wean myself off of an old friend. But I'm looking forward to this fresh start and to allowing you to keep up with our lives in a more detailed, and more visually appealing, way. Cheers!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment