Last night I made this for dinner (with turkey instead of beef and without the green bell pepper). Twas scrumptious, and it makes a ton so it is great for freezing when it's just the two of you.
Weber is in a digging phase. That is a problem. This morning I also noticed that she somehow managed to knock over (and by that I mean break in half) the primary "trunk" of my althea plant. The plant that is a cutting from the one that grew in Jonathan's great-grandmothers yard. Luckily I had two stalks growing and one still stands, so I might have to go give it some reinforcement.
Britney Spears' mother is on the Today show. Poor lady.
I need to figure out how to clean my hardwood floors. All I have right now is a broom and dustpan, which is not cutting it. Anyone who has advice on this matter, please comment!
We are going to a party this weekend with the optometry school crowd. It is a toga party. Seriously? Did you all go to college? Cause I thought we were over that stuff, but apparently not. Now to figure out how to fashion a killer toga...
Saturday is my birthday. I have been mentally structuring my perfect day. So far it goes a little something like this: get up early (puppa doesn't give us much choice on that one), go to the Farmer's Market, go out to breakfast, take puppa to obedience training class #2, do a little shopping, go see a movie in the afternoon, go out to dinner, go to the toga party. So that last one is not exactly a part of my perfect day, but apparently these people don't know its my birthday and didn't ask my opinion. I'm still a bit desperate to make friends here, however, so if that requires me dressing in a toga on my birthday, count me in!
P.S. How do you like my improvements on the background? Easier to read, yes?
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like your new background. It is fun fall colors and really easy to read..
I have no clue about cleaning hardwood floors.. sorry.
Becky
This is the 1st time I have read your blog but I love the background!
Happy early Birthday!
I know what you mean about the toga party, we had one at the beginning of med school as well. As far as cleaning hardwood floors, my mom recommends using 1 T vinegar to 1 gallon water (if they are real hardwood). Also, don't use bleach. I hope you have a wonderful birthday this weekend!
Whitney
Looks good! A designer you should be...
So we had a dog trainer come over today, for some pointers on bad behavior, crate training, house training, etc, in preparation for obedience training... One of best things we picked up today? An old pop can can work wonders!
Take an empty pop can, and partially fill it with bolts, nuts, rocks, coins--whatever. Put some duct tape over the top of it, and whenever Weber does something you don't want him to (like digging), just shake the can real quick and say "No." It's not only very effective, it's cheap.
Hey Leslie! Can you send me your new email address? I have something to send you.
Post a Comment