Thursday, September 25, 2008

On My Mind...

  • I am searching for a job in one of the worst economic crises in modern American history. Awesome.
  • Jonathan told me last night that its probably about time: time to get a random job just for the sake of making money. I'm a bit embarassed to admit this, but since graduating from college I have never had to do this. I have always known what I wanted to do and been able to do it. In some way I feel like going out and getting some random job shows failure in my confidence that God will provide a meaningful job for me. But I also know that part of faith is practicality, which means that if hubster says we need a little extra to pay the bills, you get a job. I'm in a bit of a minor depression about this, but I'll put on my big girl pants and get over it.
  • My husband has poison ivy. My husband is terribly allergic to poison ivy. My husband is miserable. My husband has to go to school with ice packs strapped to his side under his shirt. My husband will not let me touch him. Poor husband.
  • My puppy likes to steal my underwear. She even puts her arms (paws?) through the bra straps before running around the house to make it more difficult for us to get it back. This morning I woke up to her little face, paws and chin resting on the edge of the bed, panties wrapped under her chin and on top of her head. If I could have snapped I picture it would be titled "Weber's Secret."
  • Tomorrow night we are having dinner with the two couples we met at the white coat party. Yay for new friends.
  • On Saturday I am driving to Little Rock to meet my mom for a little overnight trip. Anyone have any shopping or dining recommendations for Little Rock? Please comment!
  • I hate hanging pictures on my walls. I can never get the nail in the right spot the first time and the wall looks like swiss cheese by the time I'm finished.
  • There was a lady who hung out in our neighbor's backyard all day yesterday. She even shaved her legs with the hose while sitting in a lawn chair. (With shaving cream!). These are the same neighbors who play the bongos around a firepit in their back yard, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised. (Other than the fact that the lady doesn't live there...that is weird).
  • Tonight is the premier of The Office. That's what she said.
  • I am really ready for my new couch to get here.
  • I kind of miss OBU today. Something about cool, crisp Fall weather just makes you want to stroll a college campus or grab a chai latte with a friend in the GC.
  • I just found out that some of my students from OBU are coming to visit next month! Shout out to Howard 7...can't wait to see you girls!!!
  • Today I need to: finish laundry, walk the dog, go to Target and buy new lamps for the guest room with my birthday money (Thanks Ashley, Ramsey, and Anna!), hang a few more pictures in the hallway, and make beans and rice for dinner. It's a charmed (and slightly boring) life I lead.

5 comments:

Joe and Whitney said...

I sympathize with the random job, Leslie. One suggestion from my experiences last year... carefully consider how much information you provide on applications, depending on where you're applying, of course. For example, I failed to get a holiday position at a GAP in Chicago after having worked almost two years for GAP and Banana Republic in Denver, CO and Norman, OK (and I left my availability schedule COMPLETELY open)... I'm fairly certain it was because I listed my Masters degree under the education section (needless to say, they were a bit curious about why I was applying for a job in retail). Oh, and if it's a random job, you might as well try for something you'll enjoy and likely never have an opportunity to do again. Good luck with the continued job search! -Joe

nanny said...

If you want to shop at a Mall, Park Plaza on University Ave. is about your only choice. It is a good one though. There is one other mall - McCain, but it has gone down and not many good stores left open. Across the street from Park Plaza is a new strip of stores, Pottery Barn, Chico's, etc. Very nice area. Gosh for the restaurants, all are available.

Shara said...

Look at you - you're on blogspot now! :) (Way cuter than xanga, don't you think?) Thanks for the sweet words. I'm trying to stay positive, but I definitely have my down-in-the-dumps moments, which is when I've been blogging lately. My next blog will be more cheery! :) Love this random blog of yours...my dog also loves my underwear, I know someone whose random job ended up leading her to the job of a lifetime, and I always miss OBU in the fall too!

keely said...

Thank you! We were so excited (and perhaps a bit shocked). We went back and forth a TON on the name, but love it so much. How often do we really have to use our initials anyway? Plus, Charles isn't a fan of monogrammed things, so we'll never have that issue either. Plus, he's just Gus to us. Say that 3 times fast.

Pleasant Living said...

Hey, Leslie. I don't know if you remember me from OBU or not, but I just happened upon your blog through Whitney's. Looks like life is going well for you. Good luck with the job hunt!