This morning, as Weber began to stir and I gradually began to wake up, I realized that I didn't have to go to work. Joy and rapture! It's Saturday!
I hopped out of bed to let the dog out, grabbed a blanket, and snuggled up on the couch to begin my day, MY day, with a tivo'd episode of Oprah. My mind was spinning with all the things I wanted to do: stop for pumpkin donuts at Cafe Eclectic on the way out to the dog park with Weber; come home, shower, clean up the house a bit, and head out for an afternoon of shopping at all of the places that are too far for me to drive on a week day. Maybe watch a movie, do some cooking. No work, no obligations.
The weather was on when I turned on the tv, so I stopped to watch before clicking over to Oprah. Our local weather dude (we are not on first-name basis quite yet) was giving the 7 day forecast.
"I wonder why he listed Friday?" I thought to myself. "They usually don't list the day before on these things...that's weird....I guess it is kind of nice to be able to compare."
And then it hit me.
And the most mournful, distraught voice came forth from my mouth: "It's FRIDAY!!!!!!"
Jonathan, disturbed from his last few minutes of snooze-button induced bliss, yelled back from the bedroom, "Yeah......so???? Is everything ok????"
"I thought it was SATURDAY!!!!"
Laughter from the bedroom.
Not a fun way to start the day. But I still zipped through that episode of Oprah and stopped by Cafe Eclectic for a cafe au lait and a couple pumpkin donuts. Just to ease the pain.
Not a bad for a consolation prize. But tomorrow morning will be sweet.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Girl, you are forgetful these days. Geeze Lousie! I can imagine the panic!
oh my..lol..what a morning you had!
Oh man! what a disappointment!
Ahh that is the worst!! haha I had a similar moment this morning when I work up thinking it was still in the wee hours of the morning; only to find out that I had 5 minutes before I had to get out of bed :( Thank goodness tomm is Sat!
OH man, that's AWFUL! What a let down! Well, at least tomorrow will be fantastic. AND you still get to enjoy your Friday night, which is always a good night, to me.
What if you hadn't watched the weather!?!? You just wouldn't have shown up for work! ;)
Okay, that was me before...signed in as Russell on accident. Sorry!! ;)
Pumpkin donuts 2 days in a row, is the way I see it! Will you please send me some?
oh that sucks!!! i was disappointed for you!
that is hilarious!! I usually do something similar on Saturday, I wake up panicked thinking I have to work!! ;)
Post a Comment