I typically bring a lunch from home and spend my lunch break at the office, but today I ventured outside for a little trip to Target (hooray!). Imagine my dismay when the sliding doors opened and I prepared for the cool fall breeze by pulling my cream coat a little tighter around myself, only to be greeted by HEAT! It wasn't just warm, people. It felt downright hot!
I suddenly had horrible flashbacks to the disappointing fall seasons of our Waco years. While the green leaves of a Texas November at least allowed you to pretend, the gorgeous reds, yellows, and oranges of the UofM landscaping made it impossible to deny that this was just WRONG. Fall + Leaves of Gold = Cold. To everything there is a season, and fall is the season for cool breezes and crisp, sunny afternoons.
Dear Mother Nature, I am giving you two--count 'em--two days to get your rear in gear and drop these temperatures back into a reasonable 50-60 degree range. Please and thank you.
(According to my weatherman, my threat to Mother Nature has her nervous. She'll probably give in by Thursday).
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Here in GA it's in the 70s today! ugh! I am with you on the whole gotta get colder soon thing :)
You've got those trees shakin' in their....roots.
ha you are too funny. come to San Francisco... it's Fall here 24/7
I would say 99% of the time you and I agree on things. This time I couldn't disagree more. I am LOVING the warm weather. But, I am also the person that has said I would be fine if I never saw snow again. So I realize I'm a bit weird.
Michael and I went to Krispy Kreme to get our free donuts for voting. Aaaand we came home with a dozen. Hehe. :)
I'm with ya. Let's take it down from the 70's in November, please! ;)
You've been a busy bee! My family just spent a few days at Beavers' Bend in October. It was wonderful! And, I am going to make those cookies when I get around to making things again!
Post a Comment