- I have some pictures to show you. From the Eye Ball. That's right. The Mister and I got all dudded up for a little dinner and dancing at Southern College of Optometry's annual par-tay. And anyone with even the smallest sense of humor could not resist calling a party of future eye doctors by that delightful pun of a name. I heart puns.
- I cleaned my house last weekend. Significant? Yes. Because, honestly, I can't remember the last time that I seriously cleaned the house. I know that it was sometime before Christmas. Probably around December 19th, because we had company. Yikes.
- I cooked up a storm on my Monday off: barbeque beef for sandwiches, orange brownies, applie pie, quesadilla filling (I need to post this recipe...tasty, healthy, quick, and easy), and rosemary white bean soup. The freezer is stocked, so come on over!
- I am still choked up by scenes of yesterday's Inauguration. Such a momentous day. Oh, and Michelle Obama was workin' it...loved the gold suit and white ball gown!
- I am a busy bee at work: learning some new areas of responsibility to fill the gap for a departing coworker, gearing up for a new semester of activities, and getting the Greeks ready for Spring Recruitment.
- We are starting to attend a Community Group at church tonight and I can hardly wait to start building some deeper relationships with new friends there. Makes me miss my Grace Waco family!
So there you go: a pathetic attempt at an update. Coming soon: pics from the Eye Ball, the latest from Weber, and a killer recipe for quesadillas that will make you swoon. (In a "that's so good way," not in an "I have food poisoning way")
6 comments:
I wanna see pics woman! Oh, and I've been meaning to tell yout that the network has been back and forth on the issue of wether or not Lipstick Jungle is getting cancelled...Crossing Fingers!!!
Oh, And I'm having a giveaway..hope you can enter before it is no more :)
you're quite the suzy homemaker! i want to be just like you when i grow up!
hahaha...the eye ball! it's just as funny hearing it for the second or third time. hope you guys had a great time! let's get together soon!
You go girl! That recipe sounds delicious--I'm looking forward to it! And I love the Eye Ball. How hilarious!!
I loved Michelle's ball gown, too. She was definitely workin' it!!
What on earth are those crazy recipes? Orange brownies? Never heard of such a thing!
It's about time you post some pics!
Reply to this comment and give me your email - I'll tell you who my blind date was :)
Haven't you LOVED reading Nie again? And aren't you SO curious to see a full picture? I love the glimpses we've been given so far!
Post a Comment