Remember that trip to a cabin at Beaver's Bend that we took last December? Here I am, lounging in front of the fireplace, thinking deep thoughts about chasing quail and flashlight beams, eating ice cubes and popcorn, and barking at the cats in my neighborhood back home. I do some of my best thinking in front of the fireplace.
At one point, however, I got a bit further away than I intended and got out of their view. It was then that I happened upon an innocent little squirrel. She made a very nice playmate, and I had so much fun that I was howling and crying at the top of my lungs. Little did I know, my parents were at the bottom of the hill thinking that I was being eaten by a mountain lion. Oops. They ran up the hill to rescue me, only to find me jumping around in circles all by myself. It was only then that Jonathan saw my little friend lying on her back in the middle of a pile of leaves, trying to play dead. I saw right through her charade, but Jon pulled me away. Parents ruin all the fun, but even so, I will never forget my first catch.
And last week, when Jon got back from Petsmart, he brought me back a litle souvenier to remember my first conquest by.
P.S. That little squirrel go up and ran away. I told you...we were just playing!
3 comments:
Awe..such a cuite!
Ha, love this post! SUCH a pretty dog!
Haha! Nuts has this same toy squirrel. He loves to chase them in the backyard so this was what we got him for Christmas. Its kinda big for him, but looks to be the perfect size for Weber!
Post a Comment