First, the Arnold Palmer. Sweet tea plus lemonade. The best specimens are found at McAlister's Deli and Chick fil A, but a reasonable subsitute can be made in the Tiger Den soda fountain.

Speaking of Chick fil A...bring on the waffle fries! Correction: bring on any form of potato, preferably fried and doused in salt. They are really good for the baby, I promise.

Pei Wei, you have always been my favorite Asian Diner, but these days my love has grown to an entirely new intensity. And the day the dude gave me Mongolian chicken instead of Mongolian beef I just about shoved my chopsticks up his nose. Don't mess with this girl's Pei Wei order. Or else.

Early in my pregnancy, my primary source of sustanance was Three Seed bread from Big Sky Bakery in Oklahoma City. It took me awhile to warm up to food in the morning, but if I didn't eat early enough I would feel even worse. Three seed bread, toasted with a thin smear of peanut butter, was my therapy food. It was one of the very few things that didn't turn my stomach and make me gag. Lucky for me, my wonderful in-laws were kind enough to send me a big box that kept me stocked until my apetite began to return. Guess they wanted to make sure their firstborn grandchild was well nourished; that, and they're just really fabulous in general. Thanks, Tom and Anne!

This next option is not quite as simple, because unlike three seed bread, the Camarones Bohemios from Rolando's in Fort Smith can not be mailed in a box and kept in the freezer for an entire trimester. In the weeks leading up to our visit to Arkansas to share the Big News with my parents, I yearned for Rolandos. I longed for Rolandos. I needed Rolandos. I had to hold back my best Herbal Essences impersonation when I finally got a bite of that goodness. Now, the craving is back, and I am counting the days until I get to taste it again when I'm home for Christmas.

There have been others, but those have been random, one-time urges. These are the foods and beverages that consistently haunt my dreams and tastebuds. Needless to say, my appetite is back and better than ever. Unless, of course, you are offering me barbecue, in which case I might just puke on your shoes. Not the best food aversion to have when living in Memphis, eh?
My next doctor's appointment is next Wednesday, so I'll be anxious to see what the combination of these cravings is doing to that scale! Worth every pound, right? :)
4 comments:
definitely worth every pound! you'll be shocked at how fast your body re-adjust - that part blew me away! and i'm so curious to see what this Rolando's plac eis all about and how i have managed to avoid it all those years????
Haha, perhaps you and I should trade cities...I could not get enough BBQ at the beginning and I'm much closer to your bread in OKC :) I now work with customers in Ft. Smith and both Mere and you have spoken way too much about this Rolando's place for me not to try it next time! You look darling, btw :)
Oh my, I was the SAME way with the french fries. And it may be a contributing factor to the last FIFTEEN pounds that I still have to lose. :( But man oh man, they were so worth it while I was eating 'em. Every...day. :)
i am in no way pregnant, and crave rolando's on an almost daily basis! i ate there twice in the 8 days i was home over thanksgiving! i am obsessed, to put it mildly! :) maybe we can go when we've both home over christmas? i can drink a margarita for both of us! also, i want to see you soon! love the belly pic, but i want to see it in person! i miss ya.
Post a Comment