I will visit my doctor again.
I will get to see my little boy on an ultrasound again. Let's hope he's still a little boy...
I will hear his heartbeat again; the best sound in the world to me right now.
My parents will get to see their grandson and hear his heartbeat too...they are tagging along!
I will step on the scale to see what kind of damage the return of my appetite has done over the past 5 weeks.
I will ask my doctor a new little list of questions (How late can I still travel? How bad is it really to sleep on my back? I keep waking up on my back and worrying that I have suffocated my kid! What is this cord blood banking business all about and should I do it? Have you ever met another woman whose pregnancy gave her dandruff? No? It's just me? But Google said it was normal! Awesome.)
I will do a little baby shopping, you know, since Grandma and Grandpa are in town (cheesy grandparent names or lack thereof are TBD).
I will eat a yummy lunch out before returning to work.
I will be completely unproductive for the rest of the day, lost in a haze of baby bliss. It happens every time I have an appointment. I might as well take a whole day off instead of just a half.
I will spend the evening baking and wrapping for my first ever Cookie Exchange. I hear the competition is pretty stiff and am hoping my inner Martha Stewart can hang... (Even if she can't, I still get to come home with a whole loot of cookies. It's a win-win.)
I will enjoy another evening of getting to do what I want to do instead of what the Greek calendar tells me I must do. FREEDOM!!!!!!
I will enjoy some cocoa by the light of the Christmas tree and periodically yell random encouraging words (You're a genius!!!.....You will dominate Pediatric Optometry!!!.....Optics? I spit in the face of Optics!!!) to my finals-ridden hubby.
And the sun will come out. No, really. It is raining cats and dogs right now and tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny. So the sun really should come out tomorrow. But even if it doesn't, I think I've got some sunshine of my own on schedule.
(All together now...AWWWWW....or just gag yourself. It was cheesy, I know. But Christmas is for cheesiness, right?)
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oh how fun! enjoy your half day!
I frequently had people telling me to enjoy the time when he was in my tummy b/c he travels easier! haha
Glad your parents get to share the JOY!
I asked my doctor if she's ever had anyone faint while giving birth b/c i thought i just might, b/c i'm prone to fainting! I didn't, phew.
I can totally see you sitting on the couch with your cocoa and shouting at Jonathan, haha, makes me laugh
Oh how exciting! Sounds like a fabulous weekend. And I think it is so great that your parents get to go to the ultrasound. I bet they are so excited! Hope you're feeling well and that you kick some cookie exchange ass!
Sounds like a fantastic day tomorrow! I love your list of questions for your doctor. I always had a list. I had my 12 week appointment today and I already had questions about labor and delivery (I know, I've done it before, but I had new questions! Even though I'm way far away from delivering ... :)). And have fun with your parents!!
Good luck at the doctor :) How exciting!!
This sounds like a very fun day! Enjoy the time with your parents...and your little boy!!! :)
Yay for ultrasounds!! Mine is tomorrow...can't wait... :) And good to know that lying on my back isn't causing any major baby defects; every night I wake up in a panic wondering just how long I've been that way!
Hope you're feeling great! Enjoy all that water! ;)
Post a Comment