Friday, February 5, 2010

Laissez les bons temps rouler.

Guess which city has the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the country?

No ideas?

Ok, I'll tell you...

St. Lois.

Guess which blogger is single-handedly taking 14 college undergraduate Greeks to the largest fraternal leadership conference in the nation next weekend?

That's right...yours truly.

Guess where this conference is?

Gee, you're smart! That's right! St. Louis.

Guess when Mardi Gras is?

Ding! Ding! Ding! Give 'em a prize... It's next weekend!

That's right folks. Please sit back, relax, and allow your mind to wander to the image of a 7 month pregnant woman accompanying over a dozen college students--who are allowed to drink if 21 or older--to the site of the second-largest bash in the nation.

Go ahead.

Laugh.

It really is funny. And laughing is probably the only thing that is going to get me through it.

That and a killer "If you make this prego get out of bed at 2 a.m. because you are in jail, you better prepare to be at my beck and call for my every craving or hormonal whim for the rest of the semester. And that's after you pay us back for every dime we spent to get you here. But you won't be making me get out of bed, because you'll be calling your mother and finding your own way home. Got it? I thought so" look.

Prayers are appreciated.

5 comments:

Katie said...

WOW. Let the good times roll, indeed!!

Do you get double beads since you're pregnant?

Unknown said...

haha oh goodness, good luck with that!!!

Kaitlin said...

Ohmygosh! As one who has frequented many a Mardi Gras celebration in my hometown, good luck to you! Our STL friends decided that since Leighton's due date is Fat Tuesday we should drive up for one last party. I think not! Have fun and I'll cross my fingers the weather cooperates :)

Pleasant Living said...

My word! You are a a far better woman than I!

Meredith said...

Oh girl, I feel for you. I've been to about 5 of those celebrations and they're pretty intense. The good news is that everyone is SUPER nice and if you're lucky you might see a boob or two. I know you'd just love that. Good luck!