BOY!!!
Not too long ago, Riggins came up to me out of nowhere, lifted my shirt, pointed to my belly, and said, "BOY!" clear as day. Well, the little man was right on the money! He is going to have a baby brother, and Jonathan and I could not be more thrilled. Jonathan was not able to get away from his externship to join me for our appointment, so we surprised him with a box of blue and white Muddy's cupcakes to share with all of his buddies at the VA.
This time around, neither of us had a gut feeling about the sex of the baby (with Riggins, I knew he was a boy from day one). We had both come to a point where we were equally excited about the possibility of a boy or a girl. Even so, we just couldn't resist thinking that it would be fun to have two boys so close in age. And on a purely practical level, since both boys will have April birthdays, it sure would be nice to reuse all of the same clothes!
I have always imagined myself as a "boy mom," so I am just ecstatic to have two little brothers to call my own. I'm sure I will break up my share of fist fights and cry over more than a few broken belongings, and I can only imagine the muddy laundry in my future. But I wouldn't have it any other way! After all, it's true what they say about boys loving their mamas. :)
You can be praying about two particular concerns: the baby has fluid on his kidneys, which apparently is very common this early on, especially in boys. Please pray that this fluid recedes. Also, the placenta has formed very low, which increases my risk for placenta previa and c-section. Pray that the placenta will continue to move up as my belly grows so that I can avoid these complications. (I can't believe I just used the word "placenta" on my blog, like, three times in the last two sentences. My apologies. But...I need your specific prayers, so there you have it!) I will have another ultrasound in a couple of months to check the progress of both of these issues.
In the grand scheme of things, these are very minor issues, so we are rejoicing over another beautiful, healthy SON. We can hardly wait for him to join our family!



20 comments:
Yay, so so fun! They are going to be great little buddies! Awesome that you can reuse clothes! Eeee... I just live going through baby clothes, brings back memories!
Thanks for sharing specifics. I will definitely be praying for you and baby boy.
Congrats!!
YAY!!!! Congrats, Leslie, Jonathan, and Riggins!! How fun to be a mother of 2 boys!
Congrats! I'm sure Riggins will love having a brother. I'll be praying for you.
Congrats!! There is nothing cuter than a set of little brothers. You are in for some fun! :)
Congrats!! I wish I could have done your cupcakes though :)
Congratulations! Another sweet, little boy!
It's a whole bunch of very fun relationships, indeed- brother to brother, mom to boys, dad to boys. Riggs will have a built in best friend (and kid to pick on, for sure). Congratulations, friend. I'll be praying for those issues, as well.
so fun!!!! love that it's 2 little boys! Seems like boys are the trend right now...maybe i'm destined for 3. ha. Praying for peace and patience as these issues resolve :)
That is just too cool! My boys were both spring babies, 23 months apart and I couldn't have planned it better! So happy for you all. And they will be such good friends. Also, Evan had "hydronephrosis" as well. After 2 or 3 ultrasounds to follow the progress and an ultrasound for him after he was born, it was completely resolved. A little worrisome in the meantime. Will be praying for healing, placental migration, and peace for you and Jonathan. ;o)
How wonderful! Prayers for you and your family :)
So happy for you and your family! I will definitely be praying for these specific requests. HORRAY!!
PS - I was the SAME way. Knew Levi was a boy, had NO feeling that this one was one or the other! :) I like surprises.
There's definitely something special about two same sex siblings being so close in age. They will always treasure each other. Congrats!
So excited for you guys! And I just wanted to share that I had the exact same prognosis with Miles. Except he also had a small "bright" spot on his heart. I know it doesn't help when they tell you "it's very common, especially in boys" bc I've been there. But hopefully knowing someone else had both the kidney and placenta issue and everything turned out just fine will help ease your mind. Even so, I will say a prayer for you and baby. :)
YEA!!!! That's so exciting! I can't tell you how fun it is to pull out a Rubbermaid tub of Reese's old baby clothes and get to use them all over again. I love the name Riggins so I can't wait to hear what name you guys come up with. Congratulations!!
I love the way you guys told Jonathan--good idea! Congrats again, friend, and I will keep praying for a healthy baby and mama!
Congratulations! Two sweet little boys... I'm sure Riggins will love being a big brother. Prayers for a healthy mama and baby!
Congrats!!!
So thrilled for you and baby boy #2!! He will be just as adorable as his big brother :) Prayers that all complications resolve themselves & that you have a healthy pregnancy & baby come April!!
I know this is totally a late comment, but I'm so excited for you guys! Two buddies close together. I love it. I will definitely be praying, too. Any abnormality, no matter how "slight", can still be worrisome to a preggo Mama!
Post a Comment