Thursday, September 11, 2008

On the Farm...

I spent my entire morning here:



The dog park at Shelby Farms. At over 4,000 acres, Shelby Farms is the largest city park in the United States (so we have been told). Some 500+ acres of that are designated off-leash areas. Weber loves to run through the tall grass, swim in the ponds, point and stalk quail, and play with other canine buddies. (Unfortunately, this picture is not of our doggie dearest but of some random Googled-dog. But it was the best picture of park. I'll get working on some good action shots of my little Puppa).


I like to hike, think, pray, and chat with other dog owners. Sadly, my newfound stay-at-home-wife status leaves me void of interaction with people other than my husband (don't get me wrong, he's fabulous). The dog park is a fun way to make small talk with interesting people who don't care if my wet dog accidentally bumps into them.


And did I mention that it's right by SuperTarget? Yeah, that's nice too.

2 comments:

JGaroutte said...

Wish we had something like that around here...

Whitney said...

Fun! Looks like you are settling in very well. :)