Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rough Morning

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. My mood has improved slightly since then, but not much. It was one of those mornings when you wake up and think, "Why bother getting up? There's nothing I really have to do...no job...no money to spend...no friends to meet." I don't think I was very pleasant to my husband before he left for class; I begrudgingly made him a lunch, said goodbye, and then got a little teary as soon as he shut the door. Just feeling a little sad, a little lonely, and a little sorry for myself.

The Leslie Poe Philosophy on days like this is to embrace them: stay in your sweats, curl up in bed with your puppy, eat some pie for breakfast, and throw yourself a little pity party for a couple of hours. After that, it's much easier to snap out of it. And I did. We went to the park, I ate some lunch. And I might just get back in bed one more time, just so that I can get out on the right side this time.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Aw Les, this post made me sad. I'm sorry you had such a rough morning (although eating a pie for breakfast sounds amazing). Michael and I had a good laugh the other day because I literally woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was really confused.

Katie said...

Oh friend, I'm sorry you had such a rough start to your day yesterday! Pie for breakfast is always a good pick-me-up, though :). I love your idea of the master list! That's a great idea! Is there ever anything that you need that isn't on the list though?? I'm afraid that my list wouldn't be comprehensive enough and I'd forget something. :(