1) Jonathan is out of class by noon on Fridays, so we enjoyed an afternoon in the park with Weber. She had fun playing with her new tennis ball launcher and we enjoyed copious amounts of people watching.
2) Had dinner with a couple who we have random connections to through Jonathan's cousin. We ate at the Memphis Pizza Cafe and it was scrumptious. Definitely our new place for carryout. One thing that we love about Memphis is that we could seriously go all four years without ever visiting a chain restaurant; there are so many fun local joints!
3) Took Weber to her first day of obedience training at Dogwoods. I had no idea what to expect, so I braced myself for the worst by expecting Weber to be the worst behaved dog in the whole joint. The little lady proved us wrong and sat next to me like a little angel the entire time! Call it obedience if you like, but I'm pretty sure she was just a little overwhelmed. We learned some really helpful techniques for teaching her to walk without pulling, sit, stay, and come when called. We have a lot to work on before her next class on Saturday! I'm just glad my dog wasn't the one barking its head off the entire time.
4) Made a little Mexican fiesta to enjoy with a couple of Jonathan's new buddies from SCO. Since we don't have cable, Jonathan's "big brother" in the optometry school (who is an OU grad) invited us over to watch the game. I brought these, one of my standbys, and they were a big hit. (NOTE: I use flour tortillas instead of corn and add cumin to the chicken mixture).
5) Watched Michael Phelps attempt to host SNL. Stick with swimming, kid. Although I have to say that I love the "political comedian" dude during the Weekend Update and the TMobile "stick together" commercial. Other than that, SNL gets more eye-rolls than laughs from me these days. For all you OBUers out there, you will know what I mean when I say that SNL is starting to look more and more like a bad CAB show.
6) Attended church this morning here. We have really loved attending this church and for the first time since Waco I actually get excited on Saturday that I get to go to church the next day. Once we get plugged into a community group we will probably begin the process of joining. If you're interested in listening to some solid teaching, check out their online sermons, particularly those by Bryan Loritts.
7) Laid around all afternoon napping, reading, watching football, and now watching The Perfect Storm. Tonight we are headed to the Levitt Shell for a free concert. They have them Thursday through Sunday through October. Last week we saw an African band and this week it is Celtic. I'm just hoping it does not resemble that crazy Celtic Woman business. Random historical fact: Levitt Shell was the site of Elvis' first performance.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I completely agree with your SNL opinion... it's becoming more and more painful to watch, you're not even sure where the joke is supposed to be. I'm glad you're enjoying the local food, also... we've found that to be one of the best parts of living in Chicago.
Excellent play-by-play. I'm so glad to hear you guys are settling in so well and making it home. That's certainly something we avoided as long as possible in KC.
It is good to catch up on your life! I miss you!
I love your new blog! I have one started on blogspot for when little Caleb comes our way ... and I will definitely come to you for operating advice!
The Mexican food sounds delish and I hope the concert was fun!
That political comedian is pretty funny. I was skeptical at first but he got me laughing! SNL has it's rough points for sure, but I find Kristen Wiig hysterical!! Did you see "surprise party" last season? So funny. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog (www.choosetobloom.blogspot.com).
Post a Comment