I am really missing my friends today.
It is one of those days--cool, crisp, sunny--that calls for a chai latte, a patio, and a good chat with a dear friend.
And even though we do have some friends here in Memphis, today I need some history.
Some understanding.
Without fear of being misunderstood. Without need to clarify or provide background. Without leaving and wondering how I came across or if we would be friends outside of these circumstances.
Skip the small talk. Skip the surface-skimming.
Today I am counting the days until our next reunion. And sipping a chai, alone, but thankful that I have dear friends to miss.
(To my fellow OBUers out there...doesn't fall just make you miss Bison Hill a bit? I wish I could skip work like we used to skip class to hang out in the GC on a nice day).
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I feel for you, friend. It took me a while to really dig down and develop that sort of vulnerability with my friends here, too. And old friends, you just can't replace those! Thankfully God brings us new friends (like he brought Erin to me!) in new places. But I still feel for you. Enjoy your chai and the gorgeous weather!
i do miss bison hill! i think craig and i need to take jackson up there soon!
I miss my friends a lot too. Even proximity is not enough sometimes. Now that life is so different for everyone, not just at Bison Hill. Totally understand! But how blessed are we that we have those friends!
how funny- i was just telling Drew earlier that to day made me miss OBU. Fall always reminds me of being at OBU. My sister just started and I am ALWAYS reminding her to enjoy every single moment. The friendships that you build there are unforgettable and irreplaceable.
tear
I'm empathetic about this feeling as it's one I have a lot, especially when the weather changes in the fall. I hope you can be in touch other ways (e-mail, phone) with your favorites to ease the loneliness and always look forward to your next visit!
...needing a "dislike" button to push here.
I know I'm still a little green and haven't reached the full maturity of being an OBU grad but I know what you mean and miss it and good friendships as well. Living some place new is fun and exciting but I often want some history as well.
I've been missing having those friends that KNOW you for real. We love Sayre, but it's hard because I don't really have any friends around my age here. I always miss OBU in the fall than any other time of the year and I don't know why. Such a precious place and such wonderful memories!
i could use some good ole chai and a chat in the cool crisp air! i'd definitely be up for a chat on the patio anytime...just wish we were closer!!!
Post a Comment