Monday, November 23, 2009

Perks

Throughout my time in this job, I have been able to benefit from a few perks. Some of you may remember the time I got out of a parking ticket via a student's attorney dad. Or the endless amounts of free food I gorge on during fraternity recruitment. Now before you scold me for conflicts of interest, let me remind you about the nutty hours I work, the drama I endure, and the meetings I mediate as sorority women bicker about whether or not they can have chair covers on Pref Night.

Yeah.

A few weeks ago, yet another one of my students discovered news of my pregnancy. After all the squealing subsided, she wanted details. How far along? Names? When do you find out what you're having?

I filled her in on the whole "My doctor wants me to wait 5 more weeks to make sure all the little organs are functioning correctly" thing.

"Well, we can fix that," she replied.

The next day, I received an email from her in which she told me about her mother, an ultrasound technician in the next town over, who wanted to give me a free ultrasound just for fun. You know, to thank me for being such a fabulous Greek Advisor to her daughter and all. All I needed to do was show up at her office on her lunch break.

Um...yes, please!

So last Friday Jonathan and I found out the sex of this little bundle of joy. And I have to say that this had to be the best perk yet.

Unfortunately for you, my coworkers have decided to throw a Sex Party, complete with wearing pink or blue based on your bet and two cakes: one pink inside, one blue. I'll get to make the "big slice" in order to reveal the sex. And can I just say that I have had nothing to do with any of this? It is simply what happens when you work in an office of Student Activities party planner types!

The party is Tuesday afternoon, so be sure to check back for the big reveal!

(If you have already heard the news, please don't mention it in a comment or on Facebook...my coworkers will be very upset if you contaminate their betting system ;)

8 comments:

Christi said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! you're killing me....i can just see you shuffling between the two cakes before making the slice. i hope you take pictures! well, someone will take pictures!and they better tag you on FB.

On a previous post i made my guess. And I'm still guessing a girl. Either way she/he will be a good lookin bebe.

Meredith said...

EEE!!! I'm so excited!!! :)

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Sex party! Ha! (Sorry, my mind went directly for the gutter.)
What a cute idea...

My guess is girl, and I can't wait to hear the news.

danielle said...

what a GREAT perk!!! how much fun! i cant wait to hear!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

That is fabulous! I love the party idea. Can't wait to find out!

Whitney said...

Oh man....!!!!! Now I'm dying to know. LESLIE!

Hammond Bride said...

OK, maybe I'm nuts since everyone is betting girl - but my best guess is a boy. I have no clue either way, but I'm still betting on a hot dog!

keely said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)