I know this is my second post of the day, but this was too funny to keep to myself:
We had an Interfraternity Council (IFC) meeting this afternoon. If you recall, these are the guys who have been overly interested in my fertility over the past year (see "Preggers" post!), so therefore they are always checking in for the latest pregnancy update. And today they certainly got one.
At the meetings, the executive board sits in a row at the front of the room and the members sit in the audience. I sat up front with the board, right in between two of the guys. As the president conducted the meeting, I whispered some details of a recent campus even to the guys I was sitting near.
And then I took a deep breath.
POP.
Suddenly the button of my jeans popped loose from the buttonhole. The shock instantly registered on my face, so Brett and Cal asked me what was wrong.
"I just took a breath and my jeans button popped!" I whispered, mortified.
That was it. Those sweet boys just couldn't hold it in. They were bent over laughing, and then of course, I had to join them. I mean, my pants just popped open, people! That's funny stuff.
Then, to make matters worse the President of the board turned to us and said, "Hey, zip it up!"
The uncanny reference to anything related to holding pants up just put us over the edge with laughter. Any hope of professionalism at this meeting was suddenly lost. It's a good thing we have already established such openness about this unique period in my life, and something tells me these young men will be much more understanding husbands someday when their wives are expecting. You're welcome, ladies!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love that you had a great sense of humor about it! It reminds me of the time in college that the same thing happened to me- though with my jacket, not my pants...and I wasn't pregnant. Sadly.
This is hilarious! I love the zip it comment!
i'm glad to find your blog, Leslie!
Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!
Omg that is hilarious...
Post a Comment