Monday, November 2, 2009

Don't Get Cocky

Once you hit your second trimester it is tempting to get cocky. The nausea recedes. Your energy returns. You start to think that you are really out of the woods.

Then suddenly, you are running through your house at the speed of light and knee-sliding to a stop in front of the toilet.

Pregnancy sure has a way of keeping you humble.

P.S. Tums mixed berry antacids are surprisingly tasty. If they would make a sour version they might come close to Sweet Tarts. I think I'll write a letter and make that suggestion. But then I guess sour Tums is kind of an oxymoron.

7 comments:

danielle said...

oh man. i am so sorry. i never got sick with jackson... so i cant imagine.. but i know it has got to be the most horrible feeling!!! sorry friend!

Shan said...

Haha girl you are so funny!! I still have tums in the drawer by my bed. I ended up using pecid complete at the end. You can only take two a day hut they work where tums don't really. I threw up all 40 weeks... Good luck!

Jordan said...

You're hilarious! Hang in there! Can't say it's going to get better or easier, b/c most likely other uncomfortable things may start to occur...such as acid reflux, heartburn, etc. All I can say, is that it's all so worth it in the end when you hold your baby for the first time. But it can be a long 40 weeks, so stay strong! =)

Erin said...

Oh man, pregnancy does have a way of keeping you on your toes (or on your knees on the floor, in this case!). Hope it recedes once again!

Melissa said...

poor thing! are you taking prenatals?? those mad eme sick and then i switched what i was taking and evrything got better. and yes, i went through BOTTLES of malox with lincoln!

ty said...

i actually laughed out loud, but then felt reeeeeally bad about it :)

Sarah Hudson said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!