Well, folks...I am hitting the ole' I-40 this weekend and treking to the land of bison, sunsets, and Ted's Cafe Escondito. It is Homecoming weekend at my Alma Mater, and this year marks the five-year reunion of my graduating class. Cliche as it may be, time really does fly!
I have not been back to Oklahoma since July and I am antsy for some time with dear old friends, a walk across Bison Hill, and a cupcake (or two...or five) at Cuppies & Joe. The Diefs have promised me that their new Boom Boom Pow cupcake, a salted caramel dream of a sweet, will be waiting for me along with a frozen Pumpkin Spice hot chocolate. Baby needs it; doctor's orders.
This weekend will also involve picking up my brand new Canon Rebel XS! Now this sorry little blog will come alive with color again, and you just might get a sneak peek at this weekend's festivities (and my expanding waistline). Patience is a virtue, my friends, so hang in there!
And now, off I go to pack (one must be discerning when packing for a reunion; can't have people thinking you've let yourself go after a measly five years!), kiss the hubby goodbye (darn optometry school is cramping his style this weekend and keeping him from his trophy husband duties), and hit the road to Fort Smith where I will spend the night with my parents before heading to OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma.
Where the wind really does go sweeping down the plain.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Eat lots of Ted's and Cuppies while you're here! Have fun showing off the bump! Can't wait to see! :)
I haven't been back to Shawnee/OBU since I graduated. It's like another world to me. Have so so so much fun, and you're gonna love your new camera. It's lifechanging!
please eat some tortillas for me! i'm drooling. hope you have a great time!
ahhh, have SO much fun...and tell everyone HI for me! we wish we could make it up there for the big 5 year reunion. have fun!!!
I hope you and your little avocado had a wonderful weekend with friends! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment