Thanksgiving was a success, my friends.
I've decided that I need to host large family gatherings more often. It is awfully good for a girl's self-esteem to have a table full of family members raving about her food. They are too kind.
I must give credit where credit is due, however, and say that ordering a Greenburg Turkey is the first step toward having a delicious and stress-free meal. The beauty of beginning to cook (aka, warming up previously prepared dishes and making gravy) at 11 a.m. (after the Macy's Parade, of course) and sitting down to the big meal at 1:30 p.m. cannot be underestimated, and that is all because I had a delicious smoked turkey waiting for me and not hogging my oven time all morning. If you find yourself hosting a holiday in the future, seriously...Buy. This. Turkey!!! (Thanks, Tom and Anne, for contributing the Tom to this year's feast!)
We enjoyed such a relaxing time with our family and I felt so very thankful to have each of them in my life. It is surreal to think that next year we will have a little almost 7-month old at the table as well. We are so very blessed.
Now to enjoy a quiet house, leftovers, and decorating for the Christmas season!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! Way to go!!
And YAY for Baby Boy Poe! I'm telling you, you can't go wrong either way, but I can tell you from experience that boys are just a bundle of fun. So happy for you!!
Yep, for sure, no Tyler Thanksgiving is complete without a Greenburg.
Sounds like a success! Enjoy the post-holiday relaxing. :)
so i just realized i am totally rude and never congratulated you guys on the the boy!!! i am so sorry. i'm so excited for you guys!! and glad to hear thanksgiving went well. we enjoyed having your mom at our house, and enjoyed her pies too! :) let's get together soon...new moon?? miss ya!
Post a Comment