Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Year Down

It all started here...

And thus began a four-year process of transforming my husband from financial analyst to optometrist. Over the past 8 months, he has crammed his head full of anatomy, physiology, theory, neuroanatomy, ocular physiology, and a host of other courses that I cannot begin to pronounce or understand. He spent hours in class, lab, and study groups here
Cafe Eclectic
He spent evenings here

often staying up until 1 a.m. and rising at 5:30 a.m., sustained by lots of this

And a few of these

And, of course, breaks for watching this


And guess what, folks?
HE DID IT!
First year of optometry school.... CHECK!
One year down, three to go.
I am SO proud of you!














8 comments:

Meredith said...

woohoo! Congrats to Jon!!

keely said...

it will FLY by. mark my words...

Erin said...

Ahhh!!! Congrats!!!! Russell and I are reading this post going, we're so jealous! He's got two more weeks till his first year is over. What a nice feeling that will be! Tell your hubby congratulations from us!

Tristan said...

yay!! congrats!

Christie said...

That's great! My husband is finishing up what could be called his first year of his masters and I'm so ready for him to have a break for a few weeks before the next set of courses start!

LyndsAU said...

awww-yay!! good for him! i can't imagine how tough that was!!

emily said...

hooray for jon!!! i am jealous...i have 3.5 more weeks still! boo. but excited about the greek festival on friday night. also, have your cabi skirt at my apartment. can't wait to see you!

Haley Nicodemus said...

Yay! I like the way you wrote the post!