I once went through this phase when I called my mother by the nickname "Schmummy," most often articulated in a baby voice or in a British accent. I wish I could say that I was a small child when that phase occured, but I'm pretty sure it was high school. Oh, and you are welcome to say "Schmum" for short.
Happy Mothers Day, Schmummy. I wish I could be there to make you breakfast and spend the day with you, but work is calling. Speaking of calling, I lost my cell phone yesterday so I may not even be able to do that today. Surely some Good Samaritan at this conference I'm attending will loan a poor girl a cell phone so that you are not neglected on your special day. But, of course, you will not be neglected because a box of my new favorite things is on its way to you.
And I also have to give a shout out to my other mother, Anne. I have been blessed with a wonderful mother-in-law who I genuinely like, enjoy spending time with, and respect. I've heard enough terrible mother-in-law stories to count my blessings often and I am so thankful to be a part of her family.
Thanks to both of you for being such good moms to Jonathan and me. We love you!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment