It is summer.
The campus is quiet, and with the exception of a few Greek recruitment events my evenings are no longer consumed by meetings and programs. I work regular hours, and I go home.
And now I am realizing that I am not quite sure what to do with myself! Of course, I cook dinner, I tidy up the house, I watch some tv. But for some reason I keep thinking I am supposed to be doing something more with all this new free time in the evenings. I am not used to having so much time on my hands! Maybe I need a new hobby?
What do you do after work?
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think you do plenty! I love walking around our neighborhood but other than that, I pretty much stick to the basics. I guess it's a good time to enjoy Bob and his crazy dvd workout!
Hi Leslie!
On your trip, I would definitely try to stop in Newport, RI and go on tours of all the big mansions. (Save the Breakers for last, it's the best!). If you are looking to relax for a day, Crane Beach in Ipswich, MA is very nice - white beaches and all. And Portsmouth, NH is SUCH a cute little town to walk around...lots of boutiques and cafes, and several places to eat right on the water.
I'll let you know if I think of anything else!
(p.s. After my commute home, going to the gym, cooking/eating dinner, and showering up, I usually find that bedtime is here before I know it! Good luck with finding a new hobby!)
Enjoy your time! Spend your evenings taking a walk with Weber! Plant a garden? Take up photography so we can see more of Memphis! I love just sitting outside with a glass of wine, close my eyes, and just listen to the sounds around me.
Tell me that part of your "TV" plans include So You Think You Can Dance!! We're hooked because of you :)
I play with a baby after work . . . and I guess all this summer. I'm feeling the itch too though! I need a project.
Post a Comment