Hate to break it to you, Folgers, but the best part of waking up is actually
HEB Taste of San Antonio in your cup.
HEB Taste of San Antonio in your cup.
When we lived in Waco, Texas, I fell in love with HEB grocery stores. Wonderful selection of both basic and gourmet/specialty ingredients, bulk foods, fresh produce, excellent store brand. And, of course, they are the parent to my all-time favorite grocery store, Central Market. I have been pining for HEB since I left the Lone Star State, and I'm not sure I'll ever get over it. To borrow from The Weepies, no amount of Kroger, no amount of Target, no amount of Wal-Mart, no amount of Whole Foods. No no no no no. Nothing else will do, I've gotta have you, HEB.
One HEB product--Taste of San Antonio coffee--has a particularly strong hold on me, and until this morning I have been able to satisfy my fix with provisions purchased on periodic visits to friends in Texas. When we moved to Memphis, however, what used to be a 3 hour trip turned into an 8 hour trip, and we haven't been to Texas since. Dear friends in Austin brought us 6 bags of the good stuff over Thanksgiving and it is has held us over. Until now.
I am currently trying to figure out how I can get my next fix. A package from friends? Online shopping? Calling HEB directly? Twitching, scraching, sweating and other withdrawal symptoms are sure to begin soon.
So if you're in Texas, I have a few requests for you:
1) Cherish HEB. Love HEB. Buy yourself a bag of coffee, some Central Market brand blue corn chips, and a bottle of wine (because not only does Texas have killer grocery stores, but you can also buy wine in them too. Life is so not fair) and realize the gift that you have.
2) Coffee. Send coffee.
6 comments:
I wish I liked coffee! I want to so bad but i just can't stand it. Love the smell but that's about it! :)
Friend, as soon as I am a proud resident of Texas, you will have your coffee mailed to you as often as you'd like. In return, I ask that you send bbq our way (although I imagine it's not going to taste as good once it arrives).
We're still here if you need us. Just send me your new address and consider it done. It's the least we could do for doing all the work to find a good apartment and a good church in Waco for us.
Missing HEB will rank very high on things we miss about Waco. I'll pick some up and get it to you ASAP!!
I see Brandi has already offered to send you some coffee so I'll keep her accountable and make sure she sends it! haha
Agreed. I love that stuff.
Post a Comment