A close up of the front porch. See that little sign in the bottom left? Yeah, that's right...we're protected by Brinks Home Security...don't even think about it. And you can't really tell in this pic, but those impatiens are planted in a vintage popcorn tin that I found in Kerr! Notice the begginnings of Fall leaves on the porch...
The other side of the porch. This is where we will sip lemonade when you come to visit me. Now, open the front door, give me a hug, and step on in! To your immediate right is our bedroom, to your left is the guest room/study, straight ahead is the bathroom, and the second doorway on the right goes into the living room.
I have had the silver mirror since college and was pumped to find the other two at the Pottery Barn Kids outlet...steal of a deal! Switch out the checkered ribbon for this prettiness, and voila!
I love old, black and white family pictures, so I decided to feature them all in one spot. Unfortunately, the wall currently only contains pics of my relatives, so all you Landes/Poes out there need to hook me up with some cool old photos! So these first two aren't exactly old, but they will be someday...weird.
So...clockwise from the top left: the first two are of my precious paternal grandparents (Gram and Bobby) on the grounds of the Iowa State Capitol building where they met. The next is my maternal grandmother, Joyce, in her senior portrait. Then there's gram and bobby again (I wish you could see the awesome gardenia in Grammy's hair!). The next only looks old; it's of Jonathan and Todd "freestyle walking" (they are in mid-jump in the pic). The biggest picture is a charcoal drawing that Jonathan brought me from Chiang Mai, Thailand. Then there's my grandmother's wedding portrait, and just above that a picture of my mother as a little girl with her parents. I love these treasures.
So there you have it, the first installment of the Poe Family Home Tour. Stay tuned!
9 comments:
LOVELY! And can I just say you've done more in a month or so than we've done in 5? Seriously.
I'm also planning a family gallery in our hallway! I have pics of both sets of my grandparents of one set of his. Love that!
Can't wait to see more!
So cute! I love your style. Can't wait to see more :) The black and white pics are great!!!
Oh wow - I love it! So cute and so much fun. I love the old pics....
cute cute house!
looks great!! can't wait for the next installment! :) (also can't wait to sip lemonade with you on that adorable porch swing!)
Hi, I wandered in from "who knows where" but the word Memphis caught my eye.
My son and daughter in law live just east of there. He too is in school. They spent many hours at Shelby Farms until they got a house with a big yard for their two boxers.
We were just there weekend before last and ate at Corky's! YUM! Another good place to eat is The Commissary!
I noticed OBU on one of your posts which happens to be my hometown. Weird! (did you ever eat at Abuelos or Brown Derby?)
Anyway, I didn't want to appear to be a 'stalker' or anything, just passing through.
Great blog!
Your home is so adorable - love the photos! And your front porch looks great!
I love, love your new home! The front porch, back porch, and especially those old photos - I'm impressed at what you've done in two months, so far ahead of me! :)
I.NEED.MORE.PICTURES...please?
It looks fantastic!! LOVE the porch swing!
Post a Comment