Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Repent...

Dear Amy's Burrito,

Remember the post I wrote about the things I value and do not value? Remember how I said that I do not value processed convenience foods?

I'm sorry.

I hope that you did not think I was talking about you.

Of course, it is true that you are frozen. And it is true that all you require is a few short minutes in the microwave. And it is true that I can grab you from my freezer, throw you in my purse, and call you "lunch." However, you are also full of lovely organic ingredients that actually look like real food that comes from the earth. I can see your black beans, your grains of rice, your tiny bits of green chilies. I can eat you and feel satisfied and energized, not like I am drifting into a chemically induced coma. It's a nice feeling.

So, Amy, my apologies for grouping you into the realm of all those companions of yours in my grocer's freezer. You are one of a kind, Amy, and I can hardly wait until we meet again.


8 comments:

LyndsAU said...

haha :) Awesome! You crack me up! I will have to try those!

Meredith said...

My gosh that sounds delicious. I'm on the lookout! :)

Whitney said...

Looks scrumdiddlyumptious!

The Linders said...

LOVE them! She has great bowls also (Katie turned me onto them b/c several are gluten free)

Erin said...

Interesting...might have to try this as the daily scramble to make a lunch gets ridiculous at times.

Pleasant Living said...

I used to eat those very burritos back in high school. There is something sadly satisfying about them, isn't there? funny post.

Anonymous said...

Yum-Yum! I love these! Amy's little mini-snacks are good too - the spinach & feta are tops in our house.

PS. I love your post on NieNie... I felt like I was reading my own words...

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I just read your post on NieNie and I agree, Nie is so inspiring and I wanted to agree you wrote the most beautiful statement and I feel very much the same.