Not quite sure what to write about today, unless of course you would like a lesson on the ins-and-outs of the Panhellenic, Interfraternity, and National Pan-Hellenic greek systems. I'm going to make the assumption that you would pass on that little schpeal. You're welcome. But really, I have enjoyed learning the ropes of a new area in my field and am looking forward to getting to know the students as I work with these organizations. UofM's homecoming kicks off on Sunday, so I arrived just in time to get a glimpse of some of the institution's traditions. Go Tigers! (And Sic Em, and Go Bison...my heart is green and gold for both of you still).
Tom and Anne, my fabulous in-laws, are visiting this weekend. We enjoyed some take out pizza and chocolate chip cookies last night and today they are touring Jonathan's school and spending the afternoon at Shelby Farms. I'm sure we'll snag a wonderful meal out tonight and spend tomorrow playing tourist around town. My father-in-law is quite the musician, so he is particularly excited about the Gibson guitar factory! And of course, I will drag them to the Farmer's Market. A Saturday is not complete without the Farmer's Market.
Oh! And did I mention that I was paid a wonderful visit by some of my precious OBU students last Wednesday night? The residents of Howard 7, with whom I spent numerous hours watching Grey's Anatomy and talking about girl things, decided that I was worthy of a stop on their Fall Break Road Trip! I could not have been more lucky. They showed up around 7, we snacked on some appetizers and drinks and caught up, and then headed to Rendezvous for Memphis' finest ribs. After strolling Beale Street and driving through Mud Island we were all pooped! I was able to come into work a tad late in order to have breakfast with them, and then they were on their way to leg two of the trip. It was so refreshing to see some familiar faces and to laugh hysterically with some of the most wonderful girls I know. Come back!!! Weber misses you.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So fun! I'm so glad you're already getting visitors! It took us having a baby to get anyone to come visit.
And can I tell you how much I love the Rendevous? A good friend of our had his rehearsal dinner there a few years ago. Yum. Enjoy the rest of your time with your in-laws!
Sounds like a fun weekend--enjoy! :)
i've never been to Memphis! Post some pics!
I wish I was at a Farmer's Market right now! The one where I live is held Wednesday mornings...isn't that weird??
I tagged you :)
Post a Comment