Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Here Ye, Here Ye!

Well, friends...it's official.

I am once again employed!

This afternoon I accepted the position of interim Greek Life and Community Service Advisor at the University of Memphis.

Remember how I wrote last week that I was going to have to go get a random job? Well, two days later I got a call from the University of Memphis asking me to come interview for a job that I did not apply for. Turns out that my connections and shameless resume peddling paid off! There are a couple of drawbacks, one that it is a temporary position, only guaranteed through next spring, and two that it does not include benefits. But of course, just when that one detail made me question God's leading, a friend of Jonathan's at school mentioned the amazing insurance plan that he and his family are on. Wouldn't you know that the montly payment is exactly what we have paid in the past when we've been covered by our employer??? God is good.

So I start on Monday. I think this is going to give me some really good experiences that will fortify my career, and potentially provide a foot in the door for a permanent job next spring. Please pray that I will feel peace and confidence as I approach this transition. Until then, I'm going to enjoy these last two days as a lady of leisure!

9 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

YAYAYAY! Congrats! That job always sounded so fun to me when I was in school...what sorority were you in?

JGaroutte said...

That's awesome! Congrats

Sweet Simplicity said...

God is good! Congrats on the new job! I hope you love it!

Angela said...

Congratulations, Leslie! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear how the first week goes. And, by the way, I think your house (at least what you've shown so far) is beautiful. I love the way you decorate.

keely said...

That's fantastic news, Leslie! Just in case you needed reassurance that God truly had a plan in bringing you guys all the way to Memphis...
I hope this doesn't cut in to your daily blogging time! I'll miss you!

LyndsAU said...

Congrats, that is awesome :) I also work at a college. In GA! I hope you love it!

Working Girl Two said...

congrats! i'm currently in the process of looking for a new job. i would love to hear more about this peddling of resumes you speak of! i might need to do that!

Christi said...

Congratulations!! I hope this doesn't interfere with your bloging. haha I'm enjoying the pics of your lovely home!

Kinsey said...

Oh man! That is awesome! Who knows what will come of this experience, even if it is temporary. Doors will open.